Biometric and Electronic Identity Market Intelligence
Global Market for National eID Programs to Reach $11 Billion Annually by 2013 Europe has the Highest National eID Country Adoption Rate, While Asia Dominates the National eID Market in Volume and Revenue Share
Asia Pacific to Issue Nearly 55 Million EPassports Annually by 2014 Twenty-Six Asia Pacific Nations will Issue EPassports by 2014 Accounting for 84% of the Region's Total Passport Issuance and 42% of EPassports Issued Globally
Asia-Pacific ePPs & eVisa Revenues Asia Pacific Dominates Global ePassport & eVisa Market With $4.2 Billion Annual Revenues by 2014 at a CAGR of 47%
"Acuity's insight will help you throw away the rear view mirror
and understand where tomorrow's growth is coming from, and why."
Acuity offers the following Market Analysis at no cost. Access to some of the material requires completion of a brief registration form.
All material copied or downloaded from the Market Analysis section of the Acuity website - including text and charts - are copyright protected and made freely available for individual review only. Content may be reproduced in print or electronic form so long as appropriate reference is given and the material is not sold or used as part of paid market research or analysis. Please contact Acuity to obtain permission to reproduce this material for any other use.
Also see the Media Coverage for Acuity interviews and trade publication articles.
Market ResearchThe Global National eID Industry Report (Anticipated Publication June 2011)
A comprehensive view of the GLobal, regional, and Country specific opportunity for the development of secure electronic National IDs. Opportunity Analysis and Market Forecasts 2010 to 2015. Preview the Report
The Asia Pacific ePassport & eVisa Industry Report (2011)
A comprehensive view of the Regional opportunity for the development of secure electronic passport and visa documents. Opportunity Analysis and Market Forecasts 2010 to 2015. Preview the Report
The Global ePassport & eVisa Industry Report (2010)
A comprehensive view of the worldwide opportunity for the development of secure electronic passport and visa documents. Opportunity Analysis and Market Forecasts 2010 to 2015. Preview the Report
The Future of Biometrics: (Revised 2009 Edition)
Groundbreaking research providing strategic insight into the evolution of the biometrics market through 2020 and forecasts through 2015. Preview the Report
Biometrics: High Value Workforce Management (2008)
The critical role of biometric time and attendance to workforce management solutions. Download the white paper
back to top
Market ForecastsWorldwide ID Solutions Demand Curves (2009) Demand curves for the Public Sector and Commercial markets that will drive identification solutions market development.
Worldwide Integrated eBorders Solutions Market Forecast (2009) Forecast for the total market for integrated eBorders. This forecast includes all core biometric technology used in the eborders arena which includes the full scope of electronic and automated border control management as well as travel documents, transportation, border control and immigration worker IDs and expedited passenger systems.
Worldwide ID Solutions Value Chain Forecast (2009) This forecast uses mean values from publicly available biometric core technology forecasts to size the components of biometrically enabled identification solutions.
back to top
Market Development AnalysisModeling Emerging-Technology Markets: A framework for
understanding and exploiting the dynamics of technology adoption.
Market Development Methodology: An overview of the Acuity MDM© proprietary approach to identifying and targeting the most lucrative market opportunities.
Industry AnalysisBiometrics Market Overviews
- Roadmap to Ubiquity (Dec 2008)
- The New State of The Biometrics Market (Dec 2007)
- Biometrics Market Outlook 2004 (Jan 2004)
- Battle of the Biometrics (Nov/Dec 2003)
- The Identity Crisis - What Comes After the Post 9/11 Terrorism Hype? (Winter 2003)
- Biometrics Market: 911 Plus One (Sep 2002)
Vertical Industry and Application Analysis
- Identity Linlage: Biometrics and "True Compliance" (Apr/May 2005)
- Biometrics Comes of Age: From Core Technology to Identification Solutions (Jan/Feb 2005)
- Biometrics and Border Control: Beyond US VIST (Sept/Oct 2004)
- Collision Course: Biometrics and (Digital) Rights Management (Mar/Apr 2004)
- Biometrics and Financial Services: "Show Me The Money" (Jan/Feb 2004)
- Combating Identity Theft - Biometrics and Trusted Identity (2003)
- Waiting for the Windfall - Biometrics and the Government (2003)
- Biometrics in Healthcare - HIPAA and Beyond (2003)
- Biometrics and the Global Transportation Infrastructure (Winter 2002)
- Halt, who goes there? - Biometrics and the Enterprise (Oct 2002)
- I want my POS - Biometrics in Financial Services (July 2002)
- Whose Minding The Store? - Securing The World’s Food Supply (May 2002)
Technology Market Analysis
- Signature Recognition - Is The Pen Mightier Than The Finger, The Iris,
The Face...? (Dec 2002)
- Embedded Mobile Biometics - Is EMB The Industry's Future? (Sept 2002)
- Voice Authentication - The Bastard Child of Biometrics (Aug 2002)
back to top
WebinarsJoint Presentation with findbiometrics - "The Future of Biometrics" (March 2011)
Originally presented at the NDIA Biometrics Conference in Arlington, VA where Acuity's Maxine Most and finbiometrics's Peter O'Neil participated in a dynamic panel on The Future of Biometrics.
- In "Back to The Future", Mr. O'Neil presents a unique data set based on industry perspectives he has gathered over the last eight years on the how the biometric has developed and uses them as a springboard to look ahead.
- In "Mobility Rules", Ms. Most focuses on the critical role mobile applications will play in biometric marke tevoltuion in .